Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Prayer for effectiveness

I wrote the following prayer today in response to my need to become more effective. I'm a strong believer in the power of prayer, and that a healthy prayer life is essential to a close relationship with God and wholeness in all areas of your life. Don't believe the hype, God is not dead, things are not random, and we are not all just floating in space by coincidence. God created the Universe, if you sincerely come to Him looking for help, why wouldn't He move to help you? Phillipians 4:6 states: " Be anxious for nothing. Instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for everything." God already knows what you need. He knows you better than you know yourself. He's simply waiting on you to lean on Him. My source for writing this prayer can be found here.

Lord,

I pray that my efforts match my motivation and enthusiasm, and that I attract all the resources and support I need to create effortless change in my life. Lord, help me to stay centered. Help me to stay strong. Help me to stay motivated. Help me to practice the positive change I'd like to see in myself daily. Lord, You came so that I could have life and have it more abundantly. Help me to live out the promises in Your word everyday of my life. I pray this in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. One God in Heaven forever, Amen.

Instructions on how to get more out of your prayer can be found here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment